Medically Reviewed by Patrick K. Denton, MD
You finally decided to see an Orthopedic Specialist for that knee or hip pain. They diagnosed an arthritic or deteriorated joint. Conservative treatments didn’t work. Surgery was performed. Now what?
McLeod Orthopedic Specialist Dr. Patrick Denton outlines what you should see from this point on:
Here are some notes from Dr. DENTON’S video:
- Your arthritis pain will be alleviated.
- There will be some soreness – different from arthritis pain.
- You’ll undergo extensive physical therapy.
- In 6-8 weeks, you should be pain-free.
- After recovery, acceptable activities include walking, doubles tennis, swimming, exercise biking and working out on an elliptical trainer.
- You should avoid marathon running, jogging and contact sports.
Find an Orthopedic Specialist near you.