For eight years, the McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit has made a significant impact on the lives of women across Northeastern South Carolina, detecting a total of 72 cases of breast cancer in more than eleven counties throughout the region.
The McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit has announced upcoming visits in the area that are open to the public during January, February, and March:
• McLeod Family Medicine Johnsonville (355 S. Georgetown Hwy., Johnsonville), Thursdays; January 21, February 18, and March 17; 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• McLeod Home Health (300 S. Dargan Street, Florence),
Wednesday, January 27; 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• McLeod Family Medicine Timmonsville (755 E. Smith St., Timmonsville),
Tuesdays; February 2 and March 1; 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Pate Medical Associates (116 Hospital Square, Bishopville),
Tuesday, February 16; 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• South Florence High School (3200 South Irby Street, Florence),
Friday, February 26; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Carver Elementary School (515 North Cashua Drive, Florence),
Thursday, March 3; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Francis Marion University (Highway 301/76, Florence),
Tuesday, March 22; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Dillon Marion County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. (625 South Main Street, Marion), Thursday, March 24; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Chesterfield County Employees (200 West Main Street, Chesterfield),
Wednesday, March 30; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
About the Unit
For many women in the region, access to a screening mammogram is being improved by the McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit, which each week travels to businesses, industries, healthcare facilities and health fairs. Typical days of service are Monday through Friday.
The unit provides a convenient, comfortable and private setting in which women can undergo a screening mammogram, a digital X-ray of the breast used to detect breast changes in women who have no signs or symptoms of breast cancer.
Women may schedule a mammogram on the mobile unit by calling McLeod Reservations and Scheduling at (843) 777-2095. Please mention that you are scheduling an appointment on the McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit and the date of the visit. For more information on appointment criteria or upcoming visits open to the public, please visit www.McLeodRadiology.org.
To schedule the unit to come to your business, please call (843) 777-5657.
The McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit is part of the continued commitment of McLeod Health to women of the Pee Dee and Coastal regions. The unit is the first of its kind for the northeastern region of South Carolina and was the first digital mobile mammography unit in the state. The unit is accredited by the American College of Radiologists.
The McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit was purchased by the McLeod Health Foundation through funds donated by generous supporters.