The McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit has announced upcoming visits in the Pee Dee. Visits that are open to the public include:
· Town of Lamar at Piggly Wiggly (100 North Railroad Avenue, Lamar), Wednesday, October 14; 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· McLeod Family Medicine Johnsonville (355 S. Georgetown Hwy., Johnsonville), Thursdays; October 15, November 19, and December 17; 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· McLeod Family Medicine West (3013 West Palmetto Street, Florence), Monday, October 19; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· Pate Medical Associates (116 Hospital Square, Bishopville), Tuesdays; October 20 and December 15; 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· Wal-Mart (1250 Bennettsville Square, Highway 9 West, Bennettsville), Wednesday, October 21; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· McLeod Family Medicine Timmonsville (755 E. Smith St., Timmonsville), Tuesdays; November 3 and December 1; 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· Plainview Elementary School (16002 Highway 102, Patrick), Monday, December 7; 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· First Citizen’s Bank (403 West Main Street, Chesterfield), Tuesday, December 8 and Wednesday, December 9; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· Talbots of Florence (2150 Evans Street, Florence), Thursday, December 10; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· Washington Square Apartments (600 Washington Street, Darlington), Wednesday, December 23; 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For many women in the region, access to a screening mammogram is being improved by the McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit, which each week travels to businesses, industries, healthcare facilities and health fairs. Typical days of service are Monday through Thursday.
The unit provides a convenient, comfortable and private setting in which women can undergo a screening mammogram, a digital X-ray of the breast used to detect breast changes in women who have no signs or symptoms of breast cancer.
Women may schedule a mammogram on the mobile unit by calling McLeod Reservations and Scheduling at (843) 777-2095. Please mention that you are scheduling an appointment on the McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit and the date of the visit. For more information on appointment criteria or upcoming visits open to the public, please visit www.McLeodRadiology.org.
To schedule the unit to come to your business, please call (843) 777-5657.
The McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit is part of the continued commitment of McLeod Health to women of the Pee Dee and Coastal regions. The unit is the first of its kind for the northeastern region of South Carolina and was the first digital mobile mammography unit in the state. The unit is accredited by the American College of Radiologists.
The McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit was purchased by the McLeod Health Foundation through funds donated by generous supporters.