McLeod Health hospitals have been recognized for providing excellence in healthcare by national healthcare research leader, Professional Research Consultants, Inc. (PRC).
McLeod Regional Medical Center, McLeod Health Loris and McLeod Health Seacoast were honored with five 5-Star Awards for scoring in the top ten percent within PRC’s national database. Additionally, McLeod Seacoast received a 4-Star Award for scoring in the top 25 percent within PRC’s national database.
The awards by hospital include:
· McLeod Loris: Inpatient Medical/Surgical Services – OB/GYN, Overall Quality of Care
· McLeod Regional Medical Center: Inpatient Surgical Services – Cardiovascular Surgery, Overall Hospital Rating
· McLeod Regional Medical Center: Outpatient Surgery Services – Outpatient Eye Surgical Services, Overall Hospital Rating
· McLeod Seacoast: Inpatient Services – 2 South Surgery, Overall Hospital Rating
· McLeod Seacoast: Inpatient Surgical Services – 2 South Surgery, Overall Quality of Care
· McLeod Seacoast: Inpatient Services – Overall Quality of Care
“It is an honor to recognize the hospitals of McLeod Health with these Excellence in Healthcare Awards for their deserving work,” said Joe M. Inguanzo, Ph.D., President and CEO of PRC. “It takes true dedication and determination to achieve this level of excellence in healthcare and McLeod Health has shown their commitment to making their hospitals a better place to work, a better place to practice medicine and a better place for patients to be treated.”
“It is exciting that our patient satisfaction survey results have earned our hospitals such prestigious recognition,” said Cathy Lee, Vice President of Service Excellence for McLeod Health. “However, scores are not the true reason we celebrate. What makes these awards meaningful is the fact that our doctors, nurses and staff make the needs of our patients, their number one priority. The survey scores simply reflect that patient-centered philosophy.”
For 19 years, PRC has honored organizations and individuals who achieve excellence throughout the year by improving patient experiences, healthcare employee engagement and/or physician alignment and engagement based on surveys of their patients.