1. I am not a tech-savvy person, will I be able to use this service?
McLeod Telehealth was designed to be user friendly and does not require any technical knowledge. The easy to read screens take you through the process, step by step. If you have trouble, please contact us through our customer care line, (855) 667-9703.
2. What credentials do McLeod Telehealth providers have?
Our providers hold either the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree (DO).
3. Is a telehealth visit secure?
Yes, McLeod Telehealth uses 256bit encryption to ensure your health information and payment information are secure.
4. Can I schedule a visit?
McLeod Telehealth Convenient Care is a 24/7 service that is available on demand. It is not necessary to schedule appointments.
5. Can the doctor prescribe me medication?
Yes, the McLeod Telehealth physician you consult with has the ability to send prescriptions to your preferred pharmacy electronically.
6. Will my insurance pay for this service?
Currently patients pay the low flat rate of $49. Insurance filing and real-time eligibility will be available in the future. Some insurance plans may allow for the patient to submit for reimbursement.
7. Can I use my Flex Spend account?
Yes, this service qualifies by IRS standards. Your Flex Spend card can typically be entered as a credit or debit card.
8. Is this available when I am traveling for business or on vacation?
McLeod Telehealth is available for use in North Carolina and South Carolina. State laws require that the physician is licensed to practice in the state you are located in at the time of service, regardless of your permanent residency.
9. How can my doctor access my McLeod Telehealth medical records.
Upon the completion of your visit, you have the option to save, print, or email a visit summary. Please recognize that email is not a guaranteed secure method of transfer. You may also log into the McLeod Telehealth portal and access your visit summary at anytime.
10. Do I have to have WiFi to use Telehealth from my smartphone or tablet?
You can use 4G and similar cellular broadband connections. Ensure you have a good signal strength prior to starting your video visit. WiFi is recommended to avoid cellular data usage.
11. What if I have a technical issue?
Customer support is available at (855) 667-9703