McLeod physicians annually diagnose more than 1200 new cases of cancer in the region.
At the McLeod Cancer Center for Treatment and Research, we not only treat the patient and family after diagnosis of cancer, but we also work to prevent the disease through education, prevention, detection, and screening programs.
The McLeod Cancer Center for Treatment and Research is fully equipped for the most comprehensive treatment of all cancers through surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation.
McLeod Cancer Center is the region's only program approved as a "Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program" by the American College of Surgeons.
- All McLeod medical oncology and radiation oncology physicians are board certified.
- Providing care to patients newly diagnosed with cancer, currently in active treatment, or who require hospice care.
- Outpatient Chemotherapy Department for medical oncology and other cancer treatments.
- Designated an accredited cancer treatment center by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons since 1977.
- The McLeod Cancer Center for Treatment and Research is devoted to medical excellence. We strive to bring the latest advancements in cancer treatment and prevention to the residents of the Pee Dee region.
Accreditation Demonstrates Our Commitment to Quality and Safety.
The McLeod Breast Health Center has been granted accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. McLeod is the only Breast Health Center in this region of the state to receive this prestigious acknowledgement of the quality of care it offers to breast cancer patients.
The McLeod Radiation Oncology Department has earned accreditation from the American College of Radiology (ACR) for their dedication to quality and safety. Achieving the ACR accreditation demonstrates that the radiation team provides the highest level of image quality and radiation safety to its patients. McLeod is one of only seven ACR accredited Radiation Oncology centers in South Carolina, and one of only 455 in the United States out of 3,200 radiation centers. For additional information on Radiation Oncology Accreditation, click here.