The McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit is scheduled to visit The Carolinian on Wednesday, January 7, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Carolinian is located at 718 South Dargan Street in Florence.
To be eligible for a mammogram on the unit, you must meet the following criteria:
· Must have insurance or a method of payment. No cash, please. Medicaid, Medicare, and Best Chance Network are accepted.
· Must have a referring physician to send the results to.
· No order is required unless you are under age 40, have Medicaid, or as required by your physician.
· Must not have breast implants.
· Must not have had a screening mammogram performed in the past 12 months for most insurance coverage (check your individual plan).
· Must not have any current breast problems such as lumps, discharge, or swelling.
· Must not be pregnant and not have nursed within the past three months.
· Must not have been diagnosed with breast cancer within the past five years.
· Please bring insurance card and government issued picture ID to your appointment.
· Appointments typically last 15-30 minutes.
· If your previous mammogram was not done at a McLeod Health Facility, please bring prior mammogram images to your appointment.
To schedule an appointment, please contact McLeod Reservations and Scheduling at (843) 777-2095. The McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit was funded through generous gifts to the McLeod Foundation.