McLeod is excited to share our achievements in the most recent hospital ratings by Healthgrades®,
the nation’s leading independent healthcare ratings company. Being singled out as one of the top
hospitals in our region* for cardiac and vascular care is quite an honor.
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award™
- One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care™
- Top 5% in the Nation in Cardiology Services
- Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Cardiac Service
- 5-Stars in Treatment of Heart Attack
- 5-Stars in Treatment of Heart Failure
- Vascular Surgery Excellence Award™ - 5 years in a row
- Top 5% in the Nation in Vascular Surgery - 2 years in a row
- 5-Stars in Carotid Surgery - 4 years in a row
- 5-Stars in Peripheral Vascular Bypass - 2 years in a row
- 5-Stars in Treatment of Stroke - 2 years in a row
The exceptional McLeod cardiac program has received recognition from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS), an international not-for-profit organization representing 6,700 cardiac surgeons in 85 countries.
And our numbers tell the story of the expertise, experience, training and technology benefitting heart and vascular patients 3,800 heart catheterizations, angioplasties and other therapeutic procedures a year
24/7 Chest Pain Center with professionals trained at recognizing heart attack.
56-minute average "Door-to-balloon time – the time from patient arrival at Emergency Department to insertion of balloon catheter to remove blockage -- 34 minutes better than the national standard.
98 specially trained nurses and technicians in our Coronary Care Unit.
These are just a few of the numbers that set McLeod Heart & Vascular Institute apart when patients seek cardiovascular care.
Patients are the focus of diagnostic and treatment teams, thanks to:
• Surgical suites exclusively for heart and vascular procedures
• Lab dedicated entirely to electrophysiology studies
• New approaches with digital imaging to cardiac catheterizations
• Special pre- and post-operative care for cardiovascular patients
• 24/7 access to stroke subspecialists through the REACH stroke network