McLeod is excited to share our achievements in the most recent hospital ratings by Healthgrades®,
the nation’s leading independent healthcare ratings company. Being singled out as one of the top
hospitals in our region* for cardiac and vascular care is quite an honor.
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award™
- One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care™
- Top 5% in the Nation in Cardiology Services
- Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Cardiac Service
- 5-Stars in Treatment of Heart Attack
- 5-Stars in Treatment of Heart Failure
- Vascular Surgery Excellence Award™ - 5 years in a row
- Top 5% in the Nation in Vascular Surgery - 2 years in a row
- 5-Stars in Carotid Surgery - 4 years in a row
- 5-Stars in Peripheral Vascular Bypass - 2 years in a row
- 5-Stars in Treatment of Stroke - 2 years in a row
And our numbers tell the story of the expertise, experience, training and technology benefitting heart and vascular patients3,800 heart catheterizations, angioplasties and other therapeutic procedures a year
24/7 Chest Pain Center with professionals trained at recognizing heart attack.
56-minute average "Door-to-balloon time – the time from patient arrival at Emergency Department to insertion of balloon catheter to remove blockage -- 34 minutes better than the national standard.
98 specially trained nurses and technicians in our Coronary Care Unit.
These are just a few of the numbers that set McLeod Heart & Vascular Institute apart when patients seek cardiovascular care.
Patients are the focus of diagnostic and treatment teams, thanks to:
• Surgical suites exclusively for heart and vascular procedures
• Lab dedicated entirely to electrophysiology studies
• New approaches with digital imaging to cardiac catheterizations
• Special pre- and post-operative care for cardiovascular patients
• 24/7 access to stroke subspecialists through the REACH stroke network