Top Honor for an Extraordinary Cardiac Program
The exceptional McLeod cardiac program has received recognition from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS), an international not-for-profit organization representing 6,700 cardiac surgeons in 85 countries.
And our numbers tell the story of the expertise, experience, training and technology benefitting heart and vascular patients 3,800 heart catheterizations, angioplasties and other therapeutic procedures a year
24/7 Chest Pain Center with professionals trained at recognizing heart attack.
56-minute average "Door-to-balloon time – the time from patient arrival at Emergency Department to insertion of balloon catheter to remove blockage -- 34 minutes better than the national standard.
98 specially trained nurses and technicians in our Coronary Care Unit.
These are just a few of the numbers that set McLeod Heart & Vascular Institute apart when patients seek cardiovascular care.
Patients are the focus of diagnostic and treatment teams, thanks to:
• Surgical suites exclusively for heart and vascular procedures
• Lab dedicated entirely to electrophysiology studies
• New approaches with digital imaging to cardiac catheterizations
• Special pre- and post-operative care for cardiovascular patients
• 24/7 access to stroke subspecialists through the REACH stroke network