For the 2015-2016 academic year, the resident’s salaries are as follows:
- PGY-1: $55,150 + CME $750 and 5 days
- PGY-2: $56,250 + CME $1000 and 5 days
- PGY-3: $57,700 + CME $1250 and 5 days
Residents have twenty-eight (28) paid days of leave each year away from the program. This leave includes seven (7) holidays and twenty-one (21) personal days to include vacation and sick time.
Vacation days not taken during the academic year will be paid to the resident upon graduation.
- Allowance for new computers
- Free meals 24/7
- Physician parking
- SC Medical license, federal and state DEA licenses
- Professional liability insurance paid
- BLS, ACLS, ALSO, PALS and NRP courses provided at no charge
- Three lab coats annually and hospital scrubs
- Paid membership for the Florence County Medical Society, South Carolina Academy of Family Physicians, American Academy of Family Physicians, American Medical Association and American Osteopathic Association
- Fully paid annual resident retreat
- USMLE/COMLEX + FCVS paid
- Reduced membership fee at the state-of-the-art McLeod Health and Fitness Center
- $1500 moving allowance
Very competitive benefits package. McLeod will pay for continuance of current health insurance for the month of June until health insurance coverage becomes effective.
Employees have the option of selecting from two affordable health plans. The Network Plan offers low co-pays and coverage for preventive care through the services of physicians in the McLeod network. The Standard Plan offers a more traditional 80/20 coverage
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Short Term and Long Term disability is an income protection plan with McLeod covering the full cost of 50 percent of annual base salary.
The 401(k) retirement savings plan features flexibility and control of investment decisions, tax-deferred savings, company match, portability of retirement funds, compounding of investment returns, loans, and hardship withdrawals.
Other benefits available include:
- Dental Plan
- Group Term & Dependent Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- On-site Child Development Center