Each year, the McLeod Family Medicine Residency Program receives over 800 applications and typically offers interviews to 40 or 50 of the most qualified applicants. Residents from all areas of the United States are drawn to our program. Applications from allopathic and osteopathic medical schools are welcome.
To apply for a Family Medicine Residency Position
Complete the ERAS application (paper applications will not be accepted). We do not have a supplemental application to the ERAS application.
- The deadline for applying for the Academic Year is December 31
- We prefer applicants to have graduated within the past two years
- Score of 200 or better on Steps 1 and 2 of the USMLE or comparable score on the COMLEX; preferably on the first attempt.
- Clinical experience in the United States is desired
All supporting documents should be directed to the Electronic Residency Application Service. Supporting documents for the ERAS application should include:
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your clinical performance, especially family physicians
- Transcript and Dean's letter of reference
- USMLE/COMLEX scores
The Interview Process
- When your ERAS application file is received, you will be notified via email or letter to schedule an interview
- Applicants will be interviewed by faculty members and residents and will be given a tour of the facilities
- The program coordinator will arrange an informal dinner with residents the evening before the interview
- Hotel accommodations will be made by the program coordinator
- Spouses/significant others are encouraged to accompany applicants
- A tour of the community will be given during the interview day
Click here to view copy of Family Medicine Residency Employment Agreement.