Medically Reviewed by Charles Tatum, MD
Endometriosis and its treatments can hurt a woman’s chances of getting pregnant, but McLeod Gynecologist Charles Tatum, M.D., says that is not always the case.
Key points in video:
- Endometriosis is the cause in only about 15% of infertility cases.
- A woman’s ovulatory problems or a male’s sperm is the cause in 60% of infertile couples.
- A woman with only mild endometriosis has an 80% chance of getting pregnant.
- However, a woman with severe endometriosis may have only a 20% of getting pregnant.
- In vitro fertilization is an option for these women.
You also may be interested in these articles:
5 Things You Need to Know About Endometriosis.
Heavy Bleeding During Periods – When to Worry.
Find a Gynecologist near you.