Mary-Charles Jones in McLeod Health Urgent Care Center TV Spot
McLeod Health's Urgent Care Centers consist of a dedicated staff who treat non-life threatening injuries and illnesses that require prompt care but do not pose an immediate, serious threat to your health or life. These facilities are another way that McLeod Health continues to provide medical excellence and outstanding patient care to the community.
McLeod Urgent Care Centers are often open in the hours before and after many physicians' offices, including weekends and most holidays, with no appointment necessary. We are able to treat patients of all ages, from children six months of age and older to the elderly. In comparison to an Emergency Department, McLeod Health's Urgent Care Centers offer high-quality care typically at a lower cost and with shorter wait times.
Each McLeod Health Urgent Care Center is staffed with a board-certified physician, a nurse who is experienced in urgent and emergency care, a medical assistant and radiology technologist, in addition to front desk staff.
McLeod Urgent Care Centers provide prompt and expedient care for non-life threatening illnesses including:
- Coughs, colds, sore throats
- Ear infections
- Fever or flu like symptoms, stomach aches
- Respiratory illnesses
- Minor burns/injuries
- Minor laceration repair and wound care
- Sprains, strains, and broken bones
- Rashes and other skin irritations
- Mild asthma, non-life threatening allergic reactions, animal bites
- Dehydration, headaches
- School, work, and camp physicals
- Testing, including flu, pregnancy, and strep throat
- Flu Vaccines
- Occupational Medicine - Businesses can send employees at their convenience to a close location for quick Department of Transportation exams, drug testing, employee physicals, and treatment of minor work-related injuries
- Each McLeod Urgent Care Center has a fully equipped X-ray department. Scans are sent digitally to Radiologists at McLeod Regional Medical Center, who read the images and send a report back to McLeod Urgent Care Centers in a short period of time.
It is more appropriate for the Emergency Department to treat any serious or life-threatening condition, including:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe bleeding
- Head injury, major trauma
- Loss of consciousness
- Sudden vision loss or blurred vision
- Medication overdose, poison indigestion
- Severe burns, electrical shock
- Altered mental state
- Digit or extremity amputation
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Fracture with bone showing
Contact McLeod Urgent Care Florence
3015 West Palmetto Street
Florence, SC 29501
Phone: (843) 777-6870
Hours of operation
Open Seven Days a Week - No Appointment Required
Monday - Friday, 8am to 8pm
*Saturdays, 9am to 4pm
*Sundays, 9am to 4pm
Accepting most major private and government insurances.
For your convenience, we have attached the McLeod Urgent Care Center Patient Visit and Workers' Compensation forms. Please print and fill out the appropriate form, and bring with you to your visit.