Coaches Clinic Presentations
McLeod Sports Medicine provides Coaches Clinics to area high school and recreational coaches. The clinics are designed to provide educational information in the areas of injuries and injury prevention, medical conditions, and the fundamentals of various sporting activities.
- Sportsmetrics, Not Just for ACL's
- Heat Related Illness
- Nutrition - Food and the Athlete
- Sickle Cell Trait and the Athlete
- Overhead Injuries & Throwing Mechanics
Sports Medicine Tips
McLeod Sports Medicine is dedicated to caring for rehabilitation patients and the active community. These tips are being shared help you improve your athletic performance and to help decrease the chances of an injury.
- Running Tip: Footwear
- A New Year, A New Commitment To Fitness
- Developing an Annual Training Plan
- Staying Warm in Cold Weather
- Running Cadence
Proper Hydration for Athletes
Dehydration can affect your performance within an hour of beginning exercise – sooner if you begin practice dehydrated. Fluid loss of greater than 3% of your body weight will increase your risk of heat illness (ie. Heat cramps, heat exhaustion, heat stroke). Download McLeod Sports Medicine's "Proper Hydration for Athletes" info sheet to learn more.