The goal of the program is to heal chronic, non-healing wounds in a minimal amount of time utilizing medical and surgical care in addition to advanced wound care technologies. This team of surgeons and wound care certified nurses provide care to patients with slow-healing wounds using a comprehensive approach to heal wounds that have resisted other treatments while helping patients avoid amputation and recurrent infections.
The McLeod Outpatient Wound Care Team includes:
- Medical Director Dr. John Sonfield
- Manager Penny Pahis, BSN, RN, WOCN, WCC
- Team physician McLeod General Surgeon Dr. John Gause
Types of Wounds Treated:
- Chronic Wounds
- Non-healing Surgical Wounds
- Traumatic Wounds
- Post-surgical Complications
- Compromised Skin Grafts
- Ulcers caused by Vasculitis and Sickle Cell Anemia
- Arterial or Venous Disease
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Malignancy Ulcers
- Venous and Pressure Ulcers
The McLeod Outpatient Wound Care Program is located on the first floor of the McLeod Plaza in the Imaging Center, 800 E. Cheves Street. If you have questions about a wound or need more information, contact McLeod Outpatient Wound Care at 843-777-5646.
Medicare patients do not need a referral. Please call 843-777-2095 to schedule first appointments.