There are many Hospice options, but McLeod Hospice is the best choice for many reasons.
We are not-for-profit.
- Funds are used to support services, not pay shareholders or owners.
- We provide hospice care to any qualified patient, no matter whether they have insurance or an ability to pay.
McLeod Health is your region's largest healthcare team with 5 hospitals.
- McLeod Hospice patients can be admitted to any McLeod Hospital with the assistance of the Hospice staff.
- Under federal law, patients enrolled in other hospices must discharge their hospice before admittance to any hospital.
- If McLeod Hospice patients are taken to a McLeod Emergency Department, their costs will be covered.
- Other hospice providers will not cover the cost of a McLeod ER visit and the hospice patient or their family may have to handle out-of-pocket costs.
We have two full-time hospice-certified physicians, spending ALL their time caring for hospice patients. They do not split their time between a private practice and hospice.
We are the region's only hospice with a Hospice House for patients and their families who meet criteria for inpatient care.
- Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 24/7 coverage through an emergency on-call service, including holidays. A qualified nurse is available to accept patient calls, referrals and to arrange for patient services as needed.
1203 E. Cheves Street
Florence, SC 29506
For more information, please contact McLeod Hospice at 1-800-768-4556.