Dr. Ganesha B. Perera trained in one of the most respected Vascular Surgery programs in the country. He performs open and minimally invasive treatments for diseases of the arteries and veins.
A major focus of Dr. Perera's work is minimally invasive blood vessel surgery below the knee. The majority of amputations take place because these critical vessels are blocked. Diabetics and patients with chronic kidney disease are especially affected in this challenging patient population. Dr. Perera works in conjunction with the McLeod Outpatient Wound Care to establish better blood flow to chronic wounds that otherwise might not heal. A major focus of Dr. Perera's work is thus limb preservation and limb salvage using minimally invasive approaches.
"I was drawn to McLeod as a medical facility because of its focus on quality of patient care and future goals. Treating patients in the early stages of vascular disease is essential for successful outcomes and a better quality of life."
"Diabetics especially need to be attuned to the risk factors of vascular disease," said Dr. Perera. "Being diabetic puts them at an increased risk for limb loss among other complications."
Dr. Perera is married with three children. His wife is from Williamsburg County.
- Angioplasty/Stenting/Atherectomy ("roto-rooter") for PAD
- Carotid surgery and stents for stroke prevention
- Open and minimally invasive aneurysm repair in the chest and abdomen
- Complex vascular reconstructions/surgical bypass
- Minimally invasive stenting of kidney and intestinal vessels
- Minimally invasive techniques for hard to heal diabetic wounds
- Hemodialysis access creation and maintenance
- Varicose veins and blood clots (DVT)
Please call (843) 777-7399 for an appointment today.