For the 2013-2014 academic year, the resident’s salaries are as follows:
- PGY-1: $54,200
- PGY-2: $55,300
- PGY-3: $56,900
Educational Materials Fees Allowance
Educational Materials Fees allowance is for use on conferences, books,software, membership dues and exam fees.
- PGY-1: $750 and 5 days
- PGY-2: $1000 and 5 days
- PGY-3: $1250 and 5 days
Residents have twenty-eight (28) paid days of leave each year away from the program. This leave includes seven (7) holidays and twenty-one (21) personal days to include vacation and sick time. Any time away exceeding this will extend the residency and must be made up as outlined by the American Board of Family Medicine guidelines.
Vacation days not taken during the academic year will be paid to the resident upon graduation.
- $1500 moving allowance
- Free meals for residents in the hospital physician lounge. Food available to residents 24 hours a day at no cost.
- Free parking at the Family Medicine Center and in the physician’s lots adjacent to the main hospital and Woman & Children’s Pavilion
- SC Medical license as well as federal and state DEA licenses paid
- Professional liability insurance paid
- BLS, ACLS, ALSO, PALS and NRP courses provided at no charge
- Three lab coats provided for each incoming resident and two for each resident annually thereafter
- Multiple membership fees paid, including the Florence County Medical Society, South Carolina Academy of Family Physicians, American Academy of Family Physicians, American Medical Association and American Osteopathic Association
- Fully paid annual resident retreat
- USMLE/COMLEX + FCVS paid
- CME money can be used to pay for ABFM Exam
- Reduced membership fee at the state-of-the-art McLeod Health and Fitness Center
Insurance Benefits McLeod Health offers a very competitive benefits package. Employees are eligible beginning on the first day of the month. McLeod will pay for continuance of current health insurance for at least three months until health insurance coverage becomes effective.
Employees have the option of selecting from two affordable health plans. The Network Plan offers low co-pays and coverage for preventive care through the services of physicians in the McLeod network. The Standard Plan offers a more traditional 80/20 coverage
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Short Term and Long Term disability is an income protection plan with McLeod covering the full cost of 50 percent of annual base salary.
The 401(k) retirement savings plan features flexibility and control of investment decisions, tax-deferred savings, company match, portability of retirement funds, compounding of investment returns, loans, and hardship withdrawals.
Other benefits available include:
- Dental Plan
- Group Term & Dependent Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- On-site Child Development Center