Instructor: J. Harrell Docherty, Jr. M.D.
Location: McLeod Regional Medical Center
Number of students: 1
Duration: 4 weeks
Credit hours: 5
Course offered: Fall, Spring
Office-based Rheumatology practice focused on common Rheumatologic conditions; evaluation and early treatment.
- Differential diagnosis of monoarticular arthritis
- Differential diagnosis of polyarticular arthritis
- Physical exams
- Work-up and interpretation of lab and x-ray
- Early treatment both pharmacology and non-pharmacology
- Non-inflammatory arthritis (OA, FMS)
- Instructional methodology
- Rounds and discussions and patient contact
Patient Load (#): 12
Performance assessment and grading
Proper format of the student's school; problem solving, medical knowledge, professionalism, and clinical skills.