Title: Pediatric Orthopedics
Instructor: Albert Gilpin, M.D.
Location: McLeod Regional Medical Center
Number of students: 1
Duration: 4 weeks
Credit hours: 5
Course offered: Year round
Pediatric Orthopedics Description
An introduction to pediatric-age patients with a wide variety of orthopedic issues. Student will do history and physical exams and develop treatment plans. Will work in outpatient office and hospital.
- Obtaining a Pediatric Orthopedic history
- Performance of Pediatric Orthopedic exam
- Understand alteration of growth differences
- Ability to describe and manage common pediatric orthopedic conditions
- Understand orthotic care and prosthetic care
- Understand Pediatric Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Basic understanding of plain radiographs
- Instructional methodology
- Lectures, rounds/discussions and patient contact
Performance assessment and grading
Competency-based evaluation form.