The beautiful McLeod Family Medicine Center encompasses 34,340 square feet and includes:
- Three patient care areas and a total of 24 exam rooms
- Each patient care area consists of 8 exam rooms and a nursing station
- Three procedure rooms – one in each of the patient care areas
- A resident lounge with a computer and library area
- Local full-service AHEC library
- A behavioral science center located in one of the patient care areas with a large interview room, equipped with cameras and ear microphone equipment to assist in instructing residents on interviewing skills
- Four lecture rooms for presentations and noon conferences
- All patient rooms also have cameras and microphones to assist in video precepting and observation of resident-patient interaction.
Wireless Electronic Medical Record
The Family Medicine Center utilizes a wireless electronic medical record (EMR) system called Medinformatix. We will transition to eClinicalWorks EMR in September 2014. The center is fully integrated into the EMR, and many of the physicians use the wireless prescription fax system for prescribing medications from the Family Medicine Center as well as from the nursing homes. The EMR is easily accessed by the IPADS, which are provided to all faculty and residents, from any computer in the hospital or nursing homes, and from virtually anywhere else via the Internet.
The EMR can be used for:
- Hospital admission
- H & Ps
- Compiling procedure notes
- Viewing all labs and X-rays from the McLeod Health system.
- New Innovations Medical Education Management Suite
- Moodle for Curriculum Management
- Challenger for Board Review and Education
- Smartboard Interactive whiteboard system for daily lectures