Please read all of these instructions carefully before beginning your pre-registration. McLeod Health is pleased to offer a convenient and secure way for our patients to pre-register for upcoming hospital services. By completing this questionnaire, we will be able to verify all demographic and insurance information before you arrive, so that most or all of your paperwork will be complete on the day of your appointment.
Ways to Pre-register
For your convenience we offer three different ways for you to pre-register for an upcoming service at any of our McLeod Health facilities:
- You can complete the online pre-registration form here. Web pre-registration should be completed at least two business days prior to your hospital service. Business days do not include weekends or holidays.
- Call our Pre-registration service at 1-800-667-2005 or 843-777-2095. McLeod Reservations & Scheduling is available to complete your pre-registration by phone Monday through Friday from 8am until 5pm.
- You can also stop by your McLeod facility and complete your pre-registration in person.If your procedure is scheduled less than two business days from today, please call us to complete your pre-registration by phone.
Please have the following information available when you complete the form or if you call to pre-register:
- Patient information including date of birth, social security number and demographic information
- Test, procedure or service you are having done
- Physician's name
- Date and time of appointment
- Location of appointment
- Insurance cards. Following are the insurers that are currently McLeod Health partners: Major Managed Care Contracts, Blue Choice Health Plan, Blue Cross-Blue Shield of SC, CIGNA Healthcare, Carolina Care Plan, and MedCost, Inc
Benefits of Pre-Registration
- Allows us to communicate with your insurance company to verify your benefits and eligibility, complete pre-certification requirements, obtain referrals or pre-authorization (if required) and resolve any insurance questions before you arrive.
- Allows us to communicate with you regarding financial obligations before your test to help you plan.
- Eliminates service delays by allowing you to pay your co-pays or deductibles before your service. We are able to process credit card payments by phone.
- Eliminates worry and confusion over hospital bills after your discharge.
- The information that you provide to us online is transmitted only to designated pre-registration personnel in the McLeod Reservations & Scheduling Department where your account will be confidentially created.
If you have concerns about pre-registering online, please contact the Reservations & Scheduling department at (843) 777-4302 or the McLeod HIPAA Privacy Officer at (843) 777-2485.
If you have any questions about an appointment or services offered through McLeod Health, please call us at 1-800-667-2005 or 843-777-2095 and follow the prompts. We look forward to hearing from you.