What is McLeod GEMs?
|Boots and Bags|
McLeod GEMs is an association of individuals "Going the Extra Mile" under the leadership of the McLeod Foundation. The McLeod GEMs mission is to support the McLeod Children's Hospital through volunteerism and fundraising while offering members social and professional networking opportunities.
Members of the McLeod GEMs are asked to attend meetings where they are given the opportunity to take part in the inception, planning and ultimately the success of a special event to benefit the McLeod Children's Hospital. Several volunteer opportunities and social functions will be held throughout the year aimed at raising both funds and awareness for McLeod Children's Hospital while fostering an environment of year-round involvement.
What are the goals of the McLeod GEMs?
- Host one major fundraising event a year benefiting the McLeod Children's Hospital
- Hold quarterly social events
- Grow the McLeod Children's Hospital name in the Pee Dee and Horry County communities
- Show a strong presence at GEMs fundraising events and volunteer opportunities
- Recruit others to join the McLeod GEMs
Member Guidelines include:
- Members donate $100 a year to McLeod GEMs for an annual membership. This fee includes admittance to the fall kick-off event and three socials. The $100 can be paid at the beginning of the year or $25 prior to each event.
- Members attend event planning meetings.
- Members volunteer a minimum of 5 hours at existing McLeod Foundation events benefiting the McLeod Children's Hospital.
- Members reach out to their friends and family to assist in the success of the GEMs event.
Social Meeting Schedule
- November: Forest Lake Green Houses– make a fall planter
- January: Dolce Vita– wine and chocolate pairings
- April: couples shagging lessons
- July: Addie's Baby—painting excursion
How can I join?
How can I learn more about the McLeod Foundation and McLeod Children's Hospital?
If you would like to learn more about the work of the McLeod Foundation and Children’s Hospital, please visit our website: www.McLeodFoundation.org or friend us on Facebook.
McLeod GEMs Advisory Committee
Erin Faile, Chair Kristi Horger Tracie Foster, Co-Chair Sue Jona Jessica Graham Sarah Roland Mary Katherine Givens Davis Sawyer Jennifer Harris Cat Smith Angie Watford