McLeod Loris offers some of the newest and most modern imaging services available for diagnoses and treatment. The department is staffed with professional, qualified technicians because our radiologists are committed to providing the best imaging (X-ray) and diagnostic care.
- X-ray - photographic images of the body used to diagnose patients.
- Ultrasound (includes OB, Diagnostic and Vascular) - painless procedure that uses high frequency sound waves to create images of the pelvic area, abdominal area, fetus or breast.
- CT scan - provides computerized images used to evaluate tumors, hemorrhages, and other abnormalities.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - allows physicians to view the brain, spine, internal organs, and other soft tissues without radiation or other invasive procedures.
- Mammography- a vital tool in the detection of breast cancer. Dedicated to furthering the health and well-being of women, McLeod Loris offers the security of digital mammography for the early detection of breast cancer. The benefits of digital mammography are:
- Superior image allows for better views and are more effective in the early detection of breast cancer in women younger than 50, pre-menopausal and women with dense breasts.
- Instantly displays images
- Physicians are able to share the image simultaneously so that they are able to provide an accurate diagnosis more efficiently and effectively
- Stereotactic Non-Surgical Biopsy - provides tissue sample and identifies mass using radiological guidance. This procedure is less invasive, less painful, requires only local anesthesia, and results in little or no scarring.
- Nuclear Medicine - uses radioactive isotopes to scan the body for areas that absorb an abnormal amount of the isotope which indicates disease processes.