At McLeod Dillon, our chaplains and volunteers are an important part of our healing ministry; and are recognized as a part of the hospital service team. Of course, one's personal pastor may also visit. The ministries of our volunteer chaplains are not forced upon anyone but are offered and made available to all who request them.
Request a Chaplain
At the request of the patient, a nurse can contact a chaplain. A chaplain can also be reached by calling the McLeod Dillon Patient Representative at (843) 487-1293, the McLeod Dillon House Supervisor at (843) 487-1261, or the McLeod Dillon Switchboard (843) 774-4111. Our volunteer chaplains are on call 24/7.
Community clergy and/or loved ones are welcome to contact the chaplain to request a spiritual care visit for hospitalized members of their congregation.
Near the Front Lobby of McLeod Dillon.
Open 24 hours a day, the Chapel is available to patients and visitors for meditation, prayer or quiet reflection.
The volunteer chaplains are here to provide excellent spiritual, emotional, and ethical care to a diverse patient, family, and staff populations.
Some of the reasons you might ask for a chaplain:
- You feel hopeless
- You would like someone to pray for you
- You are grieving a loss or have recently heard bad news
- You would like assistance with a life celebration
- You would like some help in contacting your church or connecting with your religious community
- You feel anxious or upset about what is happening
- You would like support for a friend or family member
Chaplaincy Services we provide include:
- Availability 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Spiritual support and counseling
- Participation in family conferences
- Crisis intervention
- Memorial Services
- Support to Hospital Staff
Community Clergy are encouraged to continue their pastoral relationship with their members by visiting them when they are hospitalized. Patient room numbers may be obtained at the information desk.
To Become a Volunteer Chaplain
If you would like more information on becoming a volunteer chaplain, please call the McLeod Dillon Patient Representative at (843) 487-1293.