(11/7/2013) Thanks to the support and generosity of our local community, the McLeod Health Foundation, supporting McLeod Loris Seacoast, has granted more than $371,000 in 2013 to McLeod Loris Seacoast and Loris Extended Care Center.
The Foundation raises money each year from individuals and corporate donors and by hosting various events and sales. The mission of the Foundation is to generate philanthropic and community support to perpetuate medical excellence at McLeod Health.
Foundation donations to McLeod Loris Seacoast this year include:
• A breast pump, oxygen blender and hearing screener for Labor & Delivery and the Nursery at McLeod Loris.
• A mental health room in the emergency department at McLeod Seacoast.
• Hand held radios for the emergency departments at McLeod Loris and McLeod Seacoast.
• An education program for surgical services.
• An Industrial Rehabilitation program for the physical therapy department.
• New educational and therapy equipment for McLeod Seacoast Pediatric Rehabilitation program.
• Furniture upgrades for the residents rooms at Loris Extended Care Center.
• New televisions at McLeod Loris for 29 2nd floor rooms and 10 rooms on 4th floor.
• Furniture upgrades for 29 2nd floor rooms at McLeod Loris.
• Lymphedema program at McLeod Seacoast.
• Courtyard furniture upgrades at Loris Extended Care Center.
• Bariatric recliner at McLeod Seacoast.
• Handicapped accessible van for Loris Extended Care Center.
"Without the support of our community donors, employees and volunteers, none of this would be possible," said Kelly Hughes, Director of the McLeod Health Foundation at McLeod Loris Seacoast. "Their generous donations allow the Foundation to continue to grow and be able to fund items that will benefit our patients and their families for years to come."
For more information about upcoming events or ways you can contribute to the Foundation, please visit www.McLeodFoundation.org or call the Foundation office at (843)390-8215.