The McLeod Pastoral Services Department is pleased to announce the addition of a training program in pastoral care called Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE). CPE is a supervised clinical learning program focusing on the art of Pastoral/Spiritual Care of persons. Designed with a flexible schedule to accommodate working professionals of all faith groups, students can expect to learn while offering spiritual care to patients at McLeod and apply those pastoral care skills in their own contexts.
CPE is ideal for all ministers, pastors, and laypersons who offer spiritual care, or are interested in pastoral care professions (chaplains, counselors, etc.). Students can expect to:
- learn by working with patients in need of compassionate, excellent spiritual care
- direct their own learning by setting individual goals
- gain understanding of their role as a caregiver
- learn about themselves, and their own style of giving care
- gain experience working in situations of conflict, crisis, grief, uncertainty, and suffering
- integrate their own understanding of God into their care
Accredited by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE, Inc.), the CPE program will be offered at McLeod Regional Medical Center beginning in May of 2013. For more information, interested persons should contact:
Rev. J. Stuart Harrell, M.Div., BCC
Assistant Director of Pastoral Services
McLeod Regional Medical Center
PO Box 100551
Florence, SC 29502-0551
The McLeod CPE Program is offered as a satellite center of Carolinas HealthCare System in Charlotte, NC. The program is accredited through the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc., 1545 Clairmont Rd., Decatur, GA, 30033, (404) 320-1472, www.acpe.edu.