(2/28/12) - The McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit will visit the Free Medical Clinic of Darlington County on Monday, March 5, 2012, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Mammography scholarships are available on this date to women who meet the following criteria:
• Between the ages of 40-64 and meet these income guidelines:
Family Size Annual Income
1 $21,780 or less
2 $29, 420 or less
3 $37, 060 or less
4 $44, 700 or less
Note: Add $7,640 for each additional family member.
• No insurance or have insurance that only covers hospital care.
• Have a referring physician to send the results to.
• No breast implants
• No screening mammogram performed in the past 12 months.
• Not experiencing any current breast problems such as lumps, discharge, or swelling.
• Not pregnant and must not have nursed within the past three months.
• Not diagnosed with breast cancer within the past five years.
McLeod Mammography Scholarships are funded through generous gifts to the McLeod Health Foundation.
For many women in the region, access to a screening mammogram is being improved by the McLeod Mobile Mammography Unit, which each week travels to businesses, industries, health-care facilities, and health fairs. The unit provides a convenient, comfortable, and private setting in which women can undergo a screening mammogram (an X-ray of the breast used to detect breast changes in women who have no signs or symptoms of breast cancer).
To schedule an appointment for March 5, please contact McLeod Reservations & Scheduling at (843) 777-2095.