(6/16/08) - A painting donated to the McLeod Hospice House has been replicated by the Foundation as a fundraiser for Hospice. Mourning Into Dancing was donated by the Swintz family in 2007 in memory of family members who were cared for by Hospice staff and volunteers. Painted by Gresham artist Fred Riales, the work of art hangs prominently in the Hospice House. The Greek word for butterfly means "soul," and one of the symbols of hospice is the butterfly. The painting symbolizes patients ...
McLeod Safe Kids will host a day of fun family activities focused on keeping kids safe. The event will take place on Saturday, March 28, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the McLeodMedicalPlaza Parking Lot (800 East Cheves Street, Florence, SC29502).
The McLeod Safe Kids Day, presented in partnership with The Elks Lodge of Florence, will include:
· Free food from The Elks Lodge of Florence along with drug awareness information
· Bicycle Rodeo with the Floren...
McLeod Safe Kids Pee Dee/Coastal offers the following safety tips to ensure a safe and happy Halloween.
· Swords, knives, and similar costume accessories should be short, soft and flexible.
· Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
· Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
· Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering befo...
Residential fires can start and spread rapidly. Every day, at least one child dies from a home fire and every hour approximately 14 children are injured from fires or burns. Ninety percent of all fire-related deaths are due to home fires, which spread quickly and can leave families as little as two minutes to escape once an alarm sounds.
McLeod Safe Kids Pee Dee/Coastal reminds families to take caution during Residential Fire Safety Month (October) as well as year-round. The organizat...
- McLeod Safe Kids Pee Dee/Coastal Hosts Kohl’s Child Safety Seat Check
- McLeod Safe Kids Pee Dee/Coastal Offers Safe Swimming Essentials
- McLeod Safe Kids Pee Dee/Coastal Upcoming Event: Kohl’s Cares Safe Seats at the Beach on October 22
- McLeod Safe Kids Pee Dee/Coastal Encourages Parents to Model Safety First